If you intend to play softball, you would be interested in costumes, you should buy the best single wall softball bat with an aluminum bat or wood bat, shoes instead of thinking about the problem of nutrition or practicing stamina because softball is largely a non-touch sport. However, you still need a lot of physical strength and stamina since softball match usually lasts for nine innings. So, how you play in the last inning when your body no longer energy.
Whether you’re playing softball just to participate in official tournaments or for leisure, it is still a sport that requires more skill and energy from the player. So, if you want to become a softball player, you must have many skills such as the ability to concentrate for long periods, clever skills and having the best health status in a long time. This is very important for you when you play the softball, especially when you’re playing like the softball fielder, pitcher or hitter.
The first skill of a softball player is striking the ball with stick correctly and powerfully, then the skill of throwing the ball hard and accurately. However, as far as the eyes of the baseball coaches and scouts are looking for elite softball players, how a player runs fastly around the bases and reflexes ball quickly is essential skills of elite baseball players. And the specific set of the skill’s a softball player that you can need to be stimulated with the right energy to help you perform better and help your body to achieve optimal recovery.
It can be difficult for you to eat proper way when you need energy match with the process of training and playing tournaments throughout your busy schedule. But when you planned carefully and correctly to identify the energy that your body needs to use will help you know your nutritional needs each day, especially in the days when you must join league every single day. On the other hand, when you join softball practice, what you take depends on the how much energy you use when practice to prevent the body create fat.
Here are some nutrition tips that can support you get the energy required to achieve the highest level of performance and remain competitive in all the matches.
- Say no to junk food and packaged food. Because these foods have a lot of preservatives usually have low concentrations of the calories, vitamins, and minerals. Therefore you should use fresh food every day to ensure the energy for practicing.
- Make sure that you eat every 3-4 hours, your body will be able to have consistent with glucose in the blood and help your body maximize recovery.
- You should consume much starchy food like yams, bread, and pasta because they are rich in carbohydrates that your body will use it as energy. In addition, you also need to consume foods rich in fiber, vitamins, and minerals such as fruit, vegetables
- If you eat a lot of foods rich in protein, your muscles will be recovered and they will give you the energy which you need, especially when you are tired or stressed. Sources of protein are chicken, beef, pork, eggs
- Choose food with healthy fats like avocados, nuts, fish.
- If you do not want to lose water when competing or training, you must drink plenty of water or sports drink. Stay away from juice, lemonade, soft drinks and because they can decrease your performance or cause diarrhea
- You should avoid eating foods rich in sugar even if you’re gaining weight. Examples of foods as cakes, candy, soft drink
- If your body lacks minerals and vitamins, you do not worry because you can take nutritional supplements. However, you should make sure that the functional foods which you consume are produced by reputable bands.
- Write a diary of food that you can note the foods that you consume daily, you can identify the different components of your meals or track the calories that you consume.
- You should always prepare fruit shake or power bars, this will help you can supply more energy with extra time. In addition, it also prevents you from eating junk foods such as sausages or snack
But this is only my advice, if you want to know the advice of nutritionists, you can read the paragraphs below. It was quoted from the magazine stack-the magazine specializes in softball player’s nutrition
If you are a softball player, you must understand the importance of protein in the diet every day. You should prioritize the foods which contain much protein in your diet routine such as salmon, boneless chicken, eggs, beef. If you can not eat a lot of food every day, you can use whey isolate protein-protein food supplement does not contain fat.
Unlike normal people, carbohydrates are not the enemy for the player. The problem is you have to know how to distinguish the types of carbs to use because softball player needs to consume low glycemic carbohydrate sources. However, we will offer you these foods contain low glycemic carbs so you do not have to spend much time searching for information. They include bananas, bread, vegetables, oatmeal, sweet potatoes, brown rice, and vegetables. If you have the support of a nutritionist, you can eat sugar to add energy to your body and support muscle recovery, but you have to listen to expert advice on dosage, usage, time if you do not want to become failures in competition or training.
Finally, the nutrients which are most misunderstood is fat. It is the enemy of players. Exactly !!! However, healthy fats are essential nutrients for professional players, they are contained in foods such as almonds, cashews, avocado, tuna, red meat. Especially, when you’re exhausted, you will find them helpful
If you start combining the foods mentioned above into your daily diet, you will notice a difference in performance competitions and exercise